[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat May 5 10:06:44 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 12:50:20AM -0600, Sven Gothel wrote:
> (And I would really be surprised, if this they would not use 'ao=alsa' ;-)),
>  yeah .. just kidding)

I certainly hope at least 'ao=alsa,' to allow for fallback ;-). But the
distros know much better which sound systems work best, if e.g. their
ALSA is new enough to have all the big bugs fixed etc.
But there is one thing I was thinking about: doesn't gmplayer have a
default that is set separately? I always like using gmplayer users as
test-guinea-pigs ;-)

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger