[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu May 3 17:30:34 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 04:09:42PM +0200, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Rich Felker wrote:
[...]
> > This is the way any good project should be. Ever read the Mythical
> > Man-Hour? More developers == worse project.
>
> I clearly do NOT agree with that, and I hope devs claiming that we need
> man power do not agree either.
>
> I think we clearly need more motivated developpers, a general
> organization and a compatible direction where all devs want to go.

I agree with nobody :-P. We don't need more developers in the sense of
people writing code, there are patches over patches and still a lot of
people who do not even submit their patches.
There are specific areas where we would need people to fix things, and
we need more people reviewing, testing and applying patches, a general
increase in developers would not fix that.
And I don't know what more organization/direction would help?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger