[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com
Thu May 3 16:09:42 CEST 2007

Hi

Rich Felker wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 11:20:54AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>> LMAO, wtf kinda question is this? Most any project with paid
>>> developers is a joke. Certainly not leading...
>> LMAO, WTF kinda answer is this?
>>
>> I'm afraid you're serious though and willing to dismiss projects with
>> paid devs outright.  Sometimes I can just shake my head at your binary
>> views.
>
> Yes, I'm quite serious. I've seen the utterly atrocious code that
> comes out of commercial free-software houses. It looks like the sort
> of crap you expect in proprietary software.
>
>> Downloads are nothing more than numbers.  What you want and need are
>> (active) developers and mindshare.  We are a handful of people hacking
>> away in their spare time without any direction or organization.
>>
>> Other projects have hundreds (even thousands) of developers, artwork
>> people, translators, web monkeys and even marketing teams ...
>
> This is the way any good project should be. Ever read the Mythical
> Man-Hour? More developers == worse project.

I clearly do NOT agree with that, and I hope devs claiming that we need
man power do not agree either.

I think we clearly need more motivated developpers, a general
organization and a compatible direction where all devs want to go.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312