[MPlayer-dev-eng] svn account for C.E. Hoyos

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Mar 18 18:32:57 CET 2007

Hi Ivan,

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:19:20 +0200
"Ivan Kalvachev" <ikalvachev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nico, do you really think that it matters what developers think in
> this project? Only Diego, the project leader and mphq-root can decide
> things of such matter.
>
> Diego have noticed the request and the under-the-table consultations
> are still ongoing.  If he reaches conclusion and if he feels like
> giving Carl write access, he will get one.
> After all such things should not be decided in public as the proposed
> but rejected developer would become de-motivated to work further on
> MPlayer.
>
> If you don't like the state of things, you can fork :)

As these comments of you are reapearing again and again,
i'm forced to tell you in public, that what you are doing
is hurting the project as a whole. Especially as you don't
seem to understand it if i tell you in private.

Please take your time to read and more importantly understand
what i'm writing here. Please look up every word you might not
fully understand in a dictionary. I don't want the language be
a barrier between you and the message in this mail.

Your insults against people, especially Diego based on your
believes of what is going on, ignoring all the facts and
everything what people tell you, creates a poisenous
climate among the developers and contributors. The way you
behave gives a very harmfull impression of the MPlayer project.

You are very quick to flame, but it is often very difficult
to see the reason behind your flames. At times, i don't even
understand why you wrote a mail at all. You never give people
the benefit of doubt, even do not account for the language
barrier of non-native speakers, although your english is not
very good either.

You also do not seem to know when it is better to be silent
and let time solve an issue, but instead always try to
argue, even if it is obvious for everyone else that it is
futile or even works exactly oposite to your articulated
intentions.

You bring up things, that other people would like to
leave in the past again and again. Makeing the situation
even more difficult than it already is.

The way you behave irritates people, makes them often angry
and alienates everyone who is not used to your behaviour.
You are often the match that ignites a situation that could
have been solved peacefully instead, by just letting everyone
calmly discuss their differences.

Thus, i'd like to ask you to stop any personal insult of
any kind. Don't argue anymore on a non-technical level.
Keep all discussions purely technical and back up every
of your arguments by facts. Please also do not bring up
old things again and again. And stop seeing a conspriacy
behind everything that people do which you don't like.

Thanks for your understanding.

			Attila Kinali

--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann