[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Re: libdvdnav

elupus elupus at ecce.se
Fri Mar 16 01:41:38 CET 2007

> --- Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:
> > I still haven't received consensus to the fork by the other
> > developers

Not that it matters one bit, but i'm all for a fork. With not active
maintainer (yea James does show up from time to time, but far from often
enough), the project is dead in the water. It is still the only viable
opensource navigator for dvd's and as such should be in a place where it can
be maintained.

I'm not going to say that there is anything huge neded to be done on the
project, it is mainly bugfixes that are required, atleast from my side of
things. Calling it a fork might be to take it to far. See it as a temporary
way to maintain the project.

One alternative could be work with xine developers and use their repository
for development I suppose. But that might be more complicated.

/Joakim