[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: libdvdnav

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Mar 15 11:52:16 CET 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 07:48:16PM -0400, Erik Lunchpail wrote:

> --- Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:
>
> > Ötvös Attila wrote:

> > I still haven't received consensus to the fork by the other
> > developers
>
> The sheer fact that libdvdread, libdvdcss and subsequently libdvdnav
> require modifications in order to work (as intended) with mplayer lead
> me to believe there's something inherently wrong in mplayer's design
> (nothing new).

Ummm, look at the facts before ranting please.  MPlayer works perfectly
fine with external libdvdread and libdvdcss.  The patch we apply to
libdvdread is small, libdvdcss is vanilla.  This used to be different,
but the main reason to shipping those libraries is convenience for the
users compiling MPlayer.

Now libdvdnav seems to be a different and indeed require modifications
to play well with MPlayer.  From what James Courtier-Dutton said, this
was no different for xine, they just got their changes merged back ..

Diego