[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: libdvdnav

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:35:33 CET 2007

2007/3/14, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it>:
> Ötvös Attila wrote:
>
> >2007. március 12. 16.31 dátummal Nico Sabbi ezt írta:

> >>yes, it's the only way to make it work.
> >>Bugfixes will be sent upstream (and hopefully be committed)
> >>

> >Hi Nico Sabbi!
> >

> I still haven't received consensus to the fork by the other developers

Just do it.

You don't need permission from dvdnav developers to fork their
program, as long as the license allow it. And as compilation of new
build-in dvdnav is optional and doesn't disrupt "normal" operation of
mplayer there should be no problems at all.

If you still have doubts, post new thread with subject asking if there
is somebody against.

BTW My attention was brought to 6 months old fork/repository named
mplayer-dvdnav (in mphq). Is there something that is not merged with
the main branch? And why didn't you branch mplayer so merging back
could be easier?