[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: libdvdnav

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Thu Mar 15 15:45:29 CET 2007

Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

>> I still haven't received consensus to the fork by the other developers
>

> Just do it.
>
> You don't need permission from dvdnav developers to fork their
> program, as long as the license allow it. And as compilation of new
> build-in dvdnav is optional and doesn't disrupt "normal" operation of
> mplayer there should be no problems at all.
>
> If you still have doubts, post new thread with subject asking if there
> is somebody against.
>
> BTW My attention was brought to 6 months old fork/repository named
> mplayer-dvdnav (in mphq). Is there something that is not merged with
> the main branch? And why didn't you branch mplayer so merging back
> could be easier?

the fork was made by Reynaldo, not by me. I didn't (and still don't) know
how to do branches (I know, svn-book would teach me how, but I guess
that branching isn't something to be done light-heartedly).
As for the content of the fork: it's very very old, and it can be safely
be removed
because it's not enough up to date

 Sponsor:
 Lettori MP3-MP4 per ascoltare la tua musica preferita, offerte imbattibili!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6122&d=15-3