[MPlayer-dev-eng] Status of CoreAVC (last time) and using win32 codecs on x86_64

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Jul 25 12:12:00 CEST 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Attila Kinali wrote:

> Send a patch, or if you are not a coder test and review patches.
> Alan Nisota did send patches, but for some reason they were not
> accepted. My guess is that the most probable reason is that none of
> the developers had enough interest and time to review them. So,
> if you desperately want coreavc support, then help developing it.

I have tried his patches and they work. I stated so in my email. I have it
working off of an mplayer svn from a few months ago.

Why would someone put time and effort into trying again unless it's
specifically stated what Alan Nisota did that people didn't like? Only
thing I've seen so far has more to do with politics and vision than actual
code, so let's clear that problem first.

If someone says that the politics has been cleared and it's a code
problem, I'll happily spend time on testing the code.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se