[MPlayer-dev-eng] Status of CoreAVC (last time) and using win32 codecs on x86_64

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Jul 25 11:52:23 CEST 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:43:05 +0200 (CEST)
Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:

> Question is, is it really beneficial to wait 1-2 years without support at
> all (we've already waited more than 6 months since the first coreavc
> patches were suggested)? My guess is that ffh264 will get multithreading
> anyway (I heard rumours that the mythtv people did develop it but the code
> was refused) but it will take time either way.

How about putting your actions where your mouth is?
Send a patch, or if you are not a coder test and review patches.
Alan Nisota did send patches, but for some reason they were not
accepted. My guess is that the most probable reason is that none of
the developers had enough interest and time to review them. So,
if you desperately want coreavc support, then help developing it.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but i cannot stand people who
just pop out of nowhere and complain that other people don't do
what said guy thinks they should be doing.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred