[MPlayer-dev-eng] Status of CoreAVC (last time) and using win32 codecs on x86_64

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Jul 25 13:23:07 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 12:12:00PM +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> Why would someone put time and effort into trying again unless it's
> specifically stated what Alan Nisota did that people didn't like? Only
> thing I've seen so far has more to do with politics and vision than actual
> code, so let's clear that problem first.
>
> If someone says that the politics has been cleared and it's a code
> problem, I'll happily spend time on testing the code.

The politics is what stops people devoting more time to it, it does not
hinder the patch itself. The obviously right parts AFAIK have been
applied, the rest must find someone to spend (potentially lots) of time
reviewing or someone who manages to change them so they look obviously
right.
I think there is the part to edit the MPlayer "registry" file
outstanding, that should have a good chance, I think it was bogged down
because a different and much nicer solution would have been to make
MPlayer use a pure text file for it. But that a nicer solution exists
doesn't mean the current one won't be accepted, it just needs a bit more
nagging.
And if you compare it to dvdnav this patch has progressed much faster...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger