[MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Feb 27 21:12:24 CET 2007

Hi

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:09:04PM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
[...]
> PS: Just for the record, as it still seems to be not clear
> enough for a few people: root does not have any right to decide
> anything on its own unless its something that might compromise
> the security of the machine in question or an pure implementation
> question of the system. Anything else, like who gets an svn account
> and who not is the responsibility of the developers team and not of root.

then why
1. does uau have write access to ffmpeg svn, i asked for it to be closed
2. why was ffmpeg-windows not created, yes i know this was diego&mans job
   and not your fault at all but they as root silently overrode my decission

so what you say above simply is not true, root ignores what doesnt please
them, also root doesnt hold votings about who gets svn access also contra
the handling of removial

[...]

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali