[MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Feb 25 01:22:24 CET 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 17:01:18 +0200
"Ivan Kalvachev" <ikalvachev at gmail.com> wrote:

> This whole thread is mistake.

Yes, but for other reasons than you think.

> uau account should have been disabled right after he continued his
> commits. Diego didn't do that. And instead of taking responsibility
> KotH started long lasting election procedure.

Erm... I'm not god neither project leader nor anything.
Yes, i'm one of the root on mphq, but that does not give
me the power to decide anything for the project without
the other developers consent. Yes, i could have just
revoked uau's svn access, but then i would betrayed the
peoples trust in me as one of the root.

> I see everybody are afraid that punishing uau would took him of
> MPlayer project as developer.
> So far It seems he is so valuable that he will not be punished.

I think you missunderstood something. This whole thread
is not about punishment. We are not children anymore
who need parents to tell us what is right and what
is wrong and punish us when we do something bad.

No, this whole issue is about what course is beneficial
to the project. If the devels think that the current
course is ok, then so be it. If they think that the
current course is not right, then we need to change
it. But it's (from my point of view) not meant as
punishment.

> This is why I have another proposal. Let's make him Project Leader.
> Let's give him mphq2 root access. Let's make him ultimate MPlayer
> ruler.
>
> In short if he cannot follow the rules, he should make them.

Who made you the project leader that you can define the rules?

				Attila Kinali

--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann