[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: PATCH [2/12] CoreAVC Decoder Support

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 04:02:27 CET 2007

Reimar wrote:

     > 002srcdestfmt.patch: Use YV12 as the output format, and ensure
    that a
     > width/height are specified.  CoreAVC uses the width/height to
    allocate
     > buffers at initialization apparently, so this can't be postponed
    until a
     > final fmt is selected.

    This must be set where either it is needed or makes sense, not just at
    the end of some function that leaves it completely unclear why it is
    there.
    I would assume that there is some bug in DS_VideoDecoder_SetDestFmt that
    makes this necessary.

It's not just 'some place'  It is right before the call to
DS_FilterCreate.  As the comment says, it needs to be set during
intialization instead of where the final fmt is selected (which is in
DS_VideoDecoder_SetDestFmt)