[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: PATCH [2/12] CoreAVC Decoder Support

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Feb 9 04:15:29 CET 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 07:02:27PM -0800, Alan Nisota wrote:
> Reimar wrote:
>
>     > 002srcdestfmt.patch: Use YV12 as the output format, and ensure
>    that a
>     > width/height are specified.  CoreAVC uses the width/height to
>    allocate
>     > buffers at initialization apparently, so this can't be postponed
>    until a
>     > final fmt is selected.
>
>    This must be set where either it is needed or makes sense, not just at
>    the end of some function that leaves it completely unclear why it is
>    there.
>    I would assume that there is some bug in DS_VideoDecoder_SetDestFmt that
>    makes this necessary.
>
> It's not just 'some place'  It is right before the call to
> DS_FilterCreate.  As the comment says, it needs to be set during
> intialization instead of where the final fmt is selected (which is in
> DS_VideoDecoder_SetDestFmt)

Can you please find a way to post to the list without breaking
threading? Not only did you start 12 or so different threads for your
patches, but now you're starting a new thread for each reply, which is
quickly going to make an unorganized mess where no one knows what's
already been discussed and what hasn't... I'm not flaming/angry, just
hoping you can find a way to improve the situation.

Rich