[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] kde screensaver stuff using system()

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Feb 6 23:07:28 CET 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:13:55PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> L'octidi 18 pluviôse, an CCXV, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> >	    Why should we have to fix the problems their programs are
> > making?
>
> Because there is nothing you can do to ensure that a correct protocol will
> find its way into the Freedesktop standards in finite time.

That still is a backwards approach. Why must other applications control
the screensaver? That's like making applications handle window movements
and sending window movement requests to the window manager. Why don't
the screensaver guys just implement at least the most very, very basic
configuration options?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger