[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] kde screensaver stuff using system()

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Feb 7 16:47:27 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 07:01 +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > The problem is we want to see the video and unexpected screensaver
> > activation could be treated like a bad  video driver.
>
> We never provided workarounds against bad video drivers
> either.

Not true in the sense meant above. MPlayer includes support for several
video drivers and other features which certainly aren't well designed.
And I already gave the example of gcc-2.95 in another message;
supporting that helps fewer people than supporting current
gnome-screensaver but hurts MPlayer code more (the dbus code would be
isolated in one file).

"We never provided workarounds..." is not a valid argument in this case.