[MPlayer-dev-eng] video filter layer

Bobby Bingham uhmmmm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 08:27:13 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm working on a video filter layer for FFmpeg for this year's Summer of
Code.  I'm trying to look at the designs of libmpcodecs and some other
existing systems out there to get an idea of what works and what doesn't.

As part of that, I'd like to ask all the MPlayer developers about your
experiences with libmpcodecs.  What are some of the things you think it
handles better than the competition.  More importantly perhaps, what are
some of the areas where it could use work?  Are there any things that
just flat out can't be accomplished with it?  Or can't be done as easily
or effectively as they should?

Also, I'm starting to turn the whole buffer management and direct
rendering infrastructure over in my head, and trying to play with some
ideas relating to that.  If anybody's run into some cases which cause
particularly interesting issues in buffer management, I'd love to hear
about them so I can make sure that whatever I come up with works well in
all cases.

Thanks.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
--
Bobby Bingham
このメールは再利用されたバイトで出来ている。