[MPlayer-dev-eng] liba52 reorganization

Alex Izvorski aizvorski at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 20:11:52 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 19:35 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> if you want this to be applied to mplayer then posting a patch relative to
> whats currently in svn might help, reviewing a 142k patch is unlikely going
> to happen
> also note that files should be diffed against their counterparts in svn
> no matter if the filename matches or not (i dunno if there are any such
> cases) that way the patch would look similar to what would be generated
> on svnlog with svn cp/mv which is smaller and easier to review
> and if possible split the patch in independant selfcontained parts

Hi Michael - it's not that easy ;)   Many chunks of this were pulled out
of one file and put in one (or several) different files.  I have made
minimal/no changes to the accelerated versions beyond moving them around
and prefacing them with appropriate includes/defines/etc, but it is
kinda hard to show that much code movement as diffs.

If you prefer, I can provide a series of diffs for each new file with
the file(s) in mplayer/liba52/ that it comes from.  Basically what I'm
hearing is you'd like to see a patch based on the mplayer version and
not the original version?  I can do something like that.

The patch is already split as one part which applies to existing files
in the mainline liba52 and one which adds new files; I can split it
further if desired.

--Alex\