[MPlayer-dev-eng] liba52 reorganization

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Sep 22 20:35:54 CEST 2006

Hi

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 11:11:52AM -0700, Alex Izvorski wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 19:35 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > if you want this to be applied to mplayer then posting a patch relative to
> > whats currently in svn might help, reviewing a 142k patch is unlikely going
> > to happen
> > also note that files should be diffed against their counterparts in svn
> > no matter if the filename matches or not (i dunno if there are any such
> > cases) that way the patch would look similar to what would be generated
> > on svnlog with svn cp/mv which is smaller and easier to review
> > and if possible split the patch in independant selfcontained parts
>
> Hi Michael - it's not that easy ;)   Many chunks of this were pulled out
> of one file and put in one (or several) different files.  I have made
> minimal/no changes to the accelerated versions beyond moving them around
> and prefacing them with appropriate includes/defines/etc, but it is
> kinda hard to show that much code movement as diffs.
>
> If you prefer, I can provide a series of diffs for each new file with
> the file(s) in mplayer/liba52/ that it comes from.  Basically what I'm
> hearing is you'd like to see a patch based on the mplayer version and
> not the original version?  I can do something like that.

well it depends on what you want, if you want to get the changes into
main liba52 then you should disscuss this with the liba52 developers not
with us mplayer developers, as we dont have write access to the upstream
liba52 and cant help you with getting patches accepted there

if OTOH the liba52 developer(s) reject your changes and you want us to
accept them in mplayer svn then you of course  will have to provide us
with patches against what we currently have in svn, that could be
first a diff which updates our stuff to upstream liba52 and then several
which cleanup our optimizations

[...]