[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer compiling bug on Mac OS X

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 00:05:50 CEST 2006

On 2006/09/21, at 15:13, Chris Roccati wrote:

> On 21 Sep 2006, at 18:00 , Ergzay wrote:
>> To find the above version of freetype I used
>> '/usr/local/bin/freetype-config --ftversion'. --version gives a
>> version number starting with 9.x.x and to be exact
>> '/usr/local/bin/freetype-config --version' gives 9.8.3 and
>> '/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --version' gives 9.0.3. I should have
>> also mentioned that my ./configure line is './configure
>> --with-extralibdir=/usr/X11R6/lib/
>> --with-extraincdir=/usr/X11R6/include/' If I do not do that then it
>> does not find fontconfig which is installed there. The one in
>> /usr/X11R6 when I was initially trying to get the SSA/ASS support
>> working appeared to be too far out of date so I manually downloaded
>> and installed a new one in /usr/local/bin.
>
> The problem is that the semantic of -L is that the libraries are
> searched in the directories given with -L, *FOLLOWING* the order of
> the -L statements. That is -LX -LY -lZ will look for libZ* first in X
> then in Y. I your case libfreetype is looked for (and therefore found)
> in /usr/X11R6/lib and the newer version in /usr/local/lib does not get
> used.
>
> The fix is probably: ./configure
> --with-extralibdir=/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
> --with-extraincdir=/usr/X11R6/include

Yes that seems to have worked. Would it be a good idea as well to do
--with-extraincdir=/usr/local/include:/usr/X11R6/include as well? Also,
is there something I can add to a path somewhere so I do not have to
keep adding this line to any application I compile I want fontconfig
in? And as one last thing, should I uninstall freetype and reinstall it
over top of the X11 version so I will have only one?

Ergzay