[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer compiling bug on Mac OS X

Chris Roccati roccati at pobox.com
Fri Sep 22 10:44:04 CEST 2006

On 22 Sep 2006, at 00:05 , Ergzay wrote:
> Yes that seems to have worked. Would it be a good idea as well to
> do --with-extraincdir=/usr/local/include:/usr/X11R6/include as
> well? Also, is there something I can add to a path somewhere so I
> do not have to keep adding this line to any application I compile I
> want fontconfig in? And as one last thing, should I uninstall
> freetype and reinstall it over top of the X11 version so I will
> have only one?

the --extrainc is a good idea. the headers may as well be changed.
given the compilation succeeds this may not be the case, but it's
still better to do that too.

there's the problem: you have to specify that in every application
which needs freetype and fontconfig. you may decide to update
fontconfig in /usr/local solving the problem altogether.

about installing libfreetype in /usr/X11R6: this may not be a good
idea, because (even if the libraries do have proper version
informations and version links) a software update may revert links
and/or perform changes that may result in very difficult to track
behaviors.