[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer compiling bug on Mac OS X

Chris Roccati rratboy at pobox.com
Thu Sep 21 21:13:55 CEST 2006

On 21 Sep 2006, at 18:00 , Ergzay wrote:
> To find the above version of freetype I used '/usr/local/bin/
> freetype-config --ftversion'. --version gives a version number
> starting with 9.x.x and to be exact '/usr/local/bin/freetype-config
> --version' gives 9.8.3 and '/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --
> version' gives 9.0.3. I should have also mentioned that my ./
> configure line is './configure --with-extralibdir=/usr/X11R6/lib/ --
> with-extraincdir=/usr/X11R6/include/' If I do not do that then it
> does not find fontconfig which is installed there. The one in /usr/
> X11R6 when I was initially trying to get the SSA/ASS support
> working appeared to be too far out of date so I manually downloaded
> and installed a new one in /usr/local/bin.

The problem is that the semantic of -L is that the libraries are
searched in the directories given with -L, *FOLLOWING* the order of
the -L statements. That is -LX -LY -lZ will look for libZ* first in X
then in Y. I your case libfreetype is looked for (and therefore
found) in /usr/X11R6/lib and the newer version in /usr/local/lib does
not get used.

The fix is probably: ./configure --with-extralibdir=/usr/local/lib:/
usr/X11R6/lib --with-extraincdir=/usr/X11R6/include