[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer compiling bug on Mac OS X

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 18:00:26 CEST 2006

On 2006/09/21, at 7:03, Chris Roccati wrote:

> On 20 Sep 2006, at 21:46 , Ergzay wrote:
>
>> It has been awhile since I last updated mplayer and when I tried I
>> found that it no longer compiled. I did regression tests to find out
>> when the exact error occured and it appears to have happened with the
>> change between 17:51:47 and 17:51:48 on 2006-08-21. I used svn diff
>> --old @19488 --new @19489
>> The diff is attached.
>> I have fontconfig version 1.0.1, freetype 2.1.10, gcc 3.3, ld
>> cctools-525.obj~1, and make 3.79 all runnning on Mac OS X 10.3.9 on a
>> 1.2 Ghz iBook G4.
>
> Sounds like you have two different versions of libfreetype in your
> system and the combination of -L in the mplayer configuration lead the
> compiler to the wrong version. You should have a
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype* which comes with the apple X11 and you may
> have another one in /usr/local/lib/libfreetype*. You should check with
>
> /usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --version
>
> and
>
> /usr/local/bin/freetype-config --version
>
> the order of the -L/-l suggests that you are using the one from
> /usr/local/lib

To find the above version of freetype I used
'/usr/local/bin/freetype-config --ftversion'. --version gives a version
number starting with 9.x.x and to be exact
'/usr/local/bin/freetype-config --version' gives 9.8.3 and
'/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --version' gives 9.0.3. I should have
also mentioned that my ./configure line is './configure
--with-extralibdir=/usr/X11R6/lib/
--with-extraincdir=/usr/X11R6/include/' If I do not do that then it
does not find fontconfig which is installed there. The one in
/usr/X11R6 when I was initially trying to get the SSA/ASS support
working appeared to be too far out of date so I manually downloaded and
installed a new one in /usr/local/bin.

Ergzay