[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer compiling bug on Mac OS X

Chris Roccati roccati at pobox.com
Thu Sep 21 13:03:48 CEST 2006

On 20 Sep 2006, at 21:46 , Ergzay wrote:

> It has been awhile since I last updated mplayer and when I tried I
> found that it no longer compiled. I did regression tests to find
> out when the exact error occured and it appears to have happened
> with the change between 17:51:47 and 17:51:48 on 2006-08-21. I used
> svn diff --old @19488 --new @19489
> The diff is attached.
> I have fontconfig version 1.0.1, freetype 2.1.10, gcc 3.3, ld
> cctools-525.obj~1, and make 3.79 all runnning on Mac OS X 10.3.9 on
> a 1.2 Ghz iBook G4.

Sounds like you have two different versions of libfreetype in your
system and the combination of -L in the mplayer configuration lead
the compiler to the wrong version. You should have a /usr/X11R6/lib/
libfreetype* which comes with the apple X11 and you may have another
one in /usr/local/lib/libfreetype*. You should check with

/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --version

and

/usr/local/bin/freetype-config --version

the order of the -L/-l suggests that you are using the one from /usr/
local/lib