[MPlayer-dev-eng] The path to RC2

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed Nov 1 12:27:13 CET 2006

On Wednesday, 01 November 2006 at 09:03, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin,
>
> According to our "release schedule" ( 20060506085930.01576587.attila at kinali.ch
> resp http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2006-May/042796.html )
> we wanted to release 1.0 this year. As we just released RC1 and because
> there are still some open issues, we will not be able to do so.
>
> In order to speed things a little bit up, i would like to
> ask what you think is needed for RC2 and how we could
> achieve it. If possible, i'd like to have an RC2 by the end of
> the year, so that we could make RC3 or 1.0 in spring or early summer.

Well, DVDNav was supposed to be in 1.0, so it most certainly needs to go
through at least one RCx.

The latest channel reordering patch for multichannel audio is a "must have"
feature for me, now that I have four speakers.

It would be nice for the SSA/ASS renderer to be feature-complete by the
time we release 1.0.

It would also be a killer feature to make the h264 decoder at least as fast
as CoreAVC's. ;)

That's from the top of my head. For the rest, look at TODO and
wishlist.txt. ;)

Regards,
R.

--