[MPlayer-dev-eng] to michael

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu May 25 17:10:32 CEST 2006

On Thursday, 25 May 2006 at 14:51, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> Oded Shimon <ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> > Flame all you want, the absoloute fact is, I'm an innocent man blocked out
> > from e-mailing a friend.

Complain to your ISP. Your friend should probably do the same.

> The problem is that many admins (including the previous poster, it
> seems) consider the "guilty until proven innocent (and even so, you're
> suspect)" rule is acceptable. It's not. Not for mails, not for IPs, even
> more so not for users.
>
> And to use our friend Rich way of expressing things in a highly
> moderate, diplomatic and friendly manner : anyone who believe the rule
> is acceptable is an idiotic moron and should be fired from his job as
> admin, period. The internet has enough problems not to add neofascist
> admins who believe they can police the world on their own to them.

Spammers operate so quickly that by the time you react to a spam outburst,
millions of e-mails will already be banging at mailservers all around the
world and the spammer will already be gone. So, are you willing to pay for
everyone's wasted bandwith when we turn off the filters? If not, come up
with a better way to keep the Internet clean of spam or STFU.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/