[MPlayer-dev-eng] to michael

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Thu May 25 17:39:52 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 05:10:32PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 May 2006 at 14:51, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> > Oded Shimon <ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Flame all you want, the absoloute fact is, I'm an innocent man blocked out
> > > from e-mailing a friend.
>
> Complain to your ISP. Your friend should probably do the same.

I'm in Israel. Short of paying massive amount of money, I have no option
but dynamic IP. I hope you're not suggesting me to move countries. As for
friend, Michael is right now looking for alternative mail servers...

> > The problem is that many admins (including the previous poster, it
> > seems) consider the "guilty until proven innocent (and even so, you're
> > suspect)" rule is acceptable. It's not. Not for mails, not for IPs, even
> > more so not for users.
> >
> > And to use our friend Rich way of expressing things in a highly
> > moderate, diplomatic and friendly manner : anyone who believe the rule
> > is acceptable is an idiotic moron and should be fired from his job as
> > admin, period. The internet has enough problems not to add neofascist
> > admins who believe they can police the world on their own to them.
>
> Spammers operate so quickly that by the time you react to a spam outburst,
> millions of e-mails will already be banging at mailservers all around the
> world and the spammer will already be gone. So, are you willing to pay for
> everyone's wasted bandwith when we turn off the filters? If not, come up
> with a better way to keep the Internet clean of spam or STFU.

By the same logic we should respond to all terrorist requests/threats. I'd
rather loose money because of a spammer than loose liberty.

- ods15