[MPlayer-dev-eng] Released Aud-X codec DLL

Marek Dziubinski Aud-X marek.dziubinski at aud-x.com
Sun Mar 12 08:24:00 CET 2006

Hi All,
I represent Aud-X Team - group of enthusiasts
who released the new free 5.1 sound (surround) coding technology.

Basically, Aud-X is mp3 backwards compatible and allows for highg quality
5.1 sound with 128 kbps.

It is CBR, thus AVI compatible. Also, we have
release an improved edition of VirtualDubMod to encode movies with Aud-X,
executable frotnend for transcoding, and DirectShow filter for decoding
(to learn more, please visit. www.aud-x.com,
or www.videohelp.com, or www.doom9.org or
www.hydrogenaudio.org to find relevant info)

We have released DLLs with our codec for third party developers.

Our users suggested that it would be great to incorporate Aud-X in MPlayer,
so here I come...

Would you consider embedding it in MPlayer?
To whom should I send the DLLs (with info on how to use'em)

Please let me know,

Marek Dziubinski
Aud-X Team Member
www.aud-x.com