[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp4, vfr and timestamps

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Thu Jun 15 15:36:37 CEST 2006

Tomas Carnecky wrote:
> On a sidenote, so far, trying to create a truely VFR video file, the
> only container format that works fine with mplayer is matroska, but
> since I want to make the video available to others (including those
> living in the windows world) that isn't really an option. And AVI seems
> to require hacks for VFR video streams and I don't want to use hacks
> when we have a container format that supports VFR out of the box (or has
> it in the specification).

VFR sound strange to me, are you sure it is a good idea?

People living in the windows world can use vlc, mplayer or stand alone
mkv demuxers.

We don't get any for of payment for coding mplayer so we start with the
stuff we like more. It's our free time, we are glad people likes our
stuff but demanding isn't the best way to ask a favour. Anyway maybe is
just a bug of an untested feature ^^;

lu

PS: doom9 forums have quite a mixture of information and disinformation,
beware.

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC