[MPlayer-dev-eng] [POLICY] clarify conditions for functionality removal

Reimar at mplayerhq.hu Reimar at mplayerhq.hu
Fri Feb 10 13:54:59 CET 2006

Hi,
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:25:09PM +0200, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> So I am restoring cpu speed detection and this time it could be
> optionally disabled, so there is no reason for it to be removed.

It was already removed and there was no big outcry about it. Also it
needs to be updated all the time to have any use besides being annoying
and irritating. A version that defaults to off might be acceptable, but
unless we find a maintainer for it, it will output only crap for most
CPUs in a few years.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger