[MPlayer-dev-eng] .TiVo file support (fwd)

Jeremy Drake mplayer at jdrake.com
Sun Dec 17 03:46:54 CET 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Jeremy Drake wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>
> > today I've been busy with the output stream patch; tomorrow I'll look into
> > this seeking issue
>
> I created a function:
> int tivo_stream_seek(stream_t*s, off_t pos)
> {
> 	demuxer_t* demuxer = ((demux_stream_t*)s->priv)->demuxer;
> 	return stream_seek(demuxer->stream, pos);
> }
>
> And set s->seek = &tivo_stream_seek after new_ds_stream, and now I can
> seek (sort of, seeking backwards has some issues, don't know why).  I
> noticed that new_ds_stream does not set a seek function, so I set one
> myself.  I don't know that this is an acceptable fix, it seems hackish to
> me, but it helps.  Hopefully this nugget will help you find the real fix.

And I also am not getting the progress bar working still.  In mplayer,
when you seek, there is a bar image which normailly shows where you are in
the file, but in the tivo files, it does not indicate any position.  In
gmplayer, there is a scrollable progress bar thing, which in the tivo
files is permanently stuck to the beginning, and the time indication says
00:00:20/00:00:00 which I guess means it does not know how long the file
is.  I tried setting movi_end on the mpeg demuxer to the same as the
movi_end on my demuxer, as it was set to zero when I checked it at the end
of the open func.  This did not help.  Any ideas how to get the progress
bar working right?

--
Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
around the Sun.