[MPlayer-dev-eng] .TiVo file support (fwd)

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sun Dec 17 13:52:10 CET 2006

Jeremy Drake wrote:

> And I also am not getting the progress bar working still.  In mplayer,
> when you seek, there is a bar image which normailly shows where you are in
> the file, but in the tivo files, it does not indicate any position.  In
> gmplayer, there is a scrollable progress bar thing, which in the tivo
> files is permanently stuck to the beginning, and the time indication says
> 00:00:20/00:00:00 which I guess means it does not know how long the file
> is.  I tried setting movi_end on the mpeg demuxer to the same as the
> movi_end on my demuxer, as it was set to zero when I checked it at the end
> of the open func.  This did not help.  Any ideas how to get the progress
> bar working right?

there's a real mess in the hadling of demux_demuxers:
because of how new_demux_demuxers() works, when ds_fill_buffer(ds) is
called the ds->video is demux_demuxers->video->demuxer, in
practive it's demux_mpg;
since demux_demuxers_fill_buffer() is absolutely never called,
it can't set demuxer->filepos, that remains constant at 0

--
"Without a frontend, mplayer is useless" - someone in mplayer-users