[MPlayer-dev-eng] Sample translation lookup implementation

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Dec 6 19:55:58 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 18:58 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> some random comments (besides the already mentioned issues of using strings
> as keys)

Which "issues" I think I've already answered earlier...

> 1. the file is not editable by normal text editors (very serious flaw IMO)

That file is not meant to be directly edited; it is a generated file.
Note that when translations are in separate files they can be the form
directly edited by translators ONLY if they're platform-independent (the
translator cannot be directly editing a separate version for every
platform).

> 3. it mixes declaration and statements

Did you expect me to add workarounds for obsolete compilers to example
code?