[MPlayer-dev-eng] Sample translation lookup implementation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Dec 6 23:05:05 CET 2006

Hi

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 08:55:58PM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 18:58 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > some random comments (besides the already mentioned issues of using strings
> > as keys)
>
> Which "issues" I think I've already answered earlier...
>
> > 1. the file is not editable by normal text editors (very serious flaw IMO)
>
> That file is not meant to be directly edited; it is a generated file.
> Note that when translations are in separate files they can be the form
> directly edited by translators ONLY if they're platform-independent (the
> translator cannot be directly editing a separate version for every
> platform).

the file should be a normal text file IMO unless theres a pretty good reason
why not

> > 3. it mixes declaration and statements
>
> Did you expect me to add workarounds for obsolete compilers to example
> code?

no not obsolete and not workarounds ive just expected that code proposed
for inclusion in mplayer (its proposed to be included together with more
not yet written code or?) would conform to the coding rules which disallow
mixed declaration and statements

[...]

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali