[MPlayer-dev-eng] Sample translation lookup implementation

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Dec 7 16:44:17 CET 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 04:29:07PM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 00:56 -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> > it have the authority to decide. But when it comes to advocating for a
> > regression, you'd better have damn overwhelming support for it if any
> > of the team strongly wants the feature preserved.
>
> There is no regression. NOT having support for English is not a
> "feature".

Yes it is. Maybe one you don't care about or like, but it's a feature
nonetheless and I'm unwilling to abandon it.

> > > How about you STFU if all you can do is stupid flaming on the mailing
> > > lists and childish tantrums on IRC.
> >
> > After trying to reason with you, I'm at a loss for what to do aside
> > from just trying to piss you off enough to get you to quit. Your
>
> Sounds like you're admitting that you have no real arguments and are
> just flaming to piss people off.

I am so fucking sick of this accusation. I've repeated my arguments at
least 5 different times for you, only to repeatedly be accused of
having no arguments. I'm plain sick of it. If you don't like my
arguments that's your problem but I have them and I've stated them
clearly.

> > presence has turned MPlayer from something fun to a huge hassle and
> > frustration.
>
> The fun old days when you could spew whatever crap on the mailing lists
> and the clueless would fear your flames and those who knew better
> wouldn't bother to correct you.

No, the time when we didn't have the sort of people I intentionally
drove away from the project "serving" on the dev team... That is, the
people who insist on revolutionizing MPlayer in their warped image of
what it should be instead of accepting the values of the project and
working within them.

Rich