[MPlayer-dev-eng] bugzilla

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Jun 5 18:39:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 05.06.2005, 14:46 +0200 schrieb Diego Biurrun:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 11:58:36AM +0200, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> > is it finally possible that a new mailing-list is created that gets
> > automatically assigned to all bugreports or that the reports get
> > redirected to -users?
>
> I assume you want a mailing list that gets a copy of all bugzilla mails,
> i.e. every single change and comment?

That would be a start, an email interface would be even better.

> > I don't like to go through hundreds of bugreport and see if something
> > has changed or check if there are new reports to assign myself.
> > Moreover I'm sure that with the current system many people don't even
> > read bugreports with topics about parts not maintained by them,
>
> Isn't that the whole point?  I don't want to see all demuxer bugs, docs
> stuff only is fine for me.

Of course this is an important feature, besides archiving all reports.
However I still think that a mailinglist makes it a lot easier for other
people to join the bugfixing effort. At least for me clicking through a
web interface only to give a remark, report a problem with a patch,
complain about missing information, a bugreport being in the wrong
category etc. is not worth the effort.
Don't take me wrong bugzilla is great, but an email interface would
make some things a lot easier and the bugfixing process more open.

Sascha