[MPlayer-dev-eng] bugzilla

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Jun 5 14:46:42 CEST 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 11:58:36AM +0200, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> is it finally possible that a new mailing-list is created that gets
> automatically assigned to all bugreports or that the reports get
> redirected to -users?

I assume you want a mailing list that gets a copy of all bugzilla mails,
i.e. every single change and comment?

> I don't like to go through hundreds of bugreport and see if something
> has changed or check if there are new reports to assign myself.
> Moreover I'm sure that with the current system many people don't even
> read bugreports with topics about parts not maintained by them,

Isn't that the whole point?  I don't want to see all demuxer bugs, docs
stuff only is fine for me.

> whereas
> a mailinglist makes it a lot easier to read through the reports and to
> mention possible problems the devel working on the bug might not be
> aware of.

Yes, but it only scales up to a point.  When you have 250.000 bug
reports in the database like bugzilla.mozilla.org then you need to
filter.

Diego