[MPlayer-dev-eng] 2pass encoding errors

mwp at overclockers.com.au mwp at overclockers.com.au
Wed Jul 20 18:45:07 CEST 2005

Sorry, i should have also mentioned that 1st pass completes with none of these
errors.
The output video from the first pass looks fine.

Its only the second pass that gives thousands of lines of the errors i listed
and creates jerky video.

By Guillaume POIRIER, on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 02:58:42PM +0200:
> On 7/20/05, mwp at overclockers.com.au <mwp at overclockers.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Latest CVS is giving some odd 2nd pass encoding errors:
> >
> > a52: error at resampling
> > a52: error at resampling
> > a52: error at resampling
> > a52: error at resampling
> > a52: error at resampling
>
> Your source may feature some odd AC3 samples. That should not be a
> problem during the encoding process though.

It does, where i have cut out ad breaks... but i normally get a different a52
error, not this one.
And this is error is occouring continuously.

> > Too many video packets in the buffer: (10 in 9119496 bytes).
> > Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
> > For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
> > a52: CRC check failed!
> > a52: error at resampling
> >
> > Too many video packets in the buffer: (10 in 9119496 bytes).
> > Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
> > For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
>
> Your probably need to add some ivtc filters and adapt framerate with
> the "-ofps" option.

In and out fps are both set at 25fps.

> > etc, etc.
> >
> > Cmd line was:
> > mencoder -o video-final.avi -sws 9  -oac mp3lame -lameopts $LAMEOPTS  -ovc lavc -lavcopts $LAVC:vbitrate=$BITRATE:vpass=2:psnr  -vf $VF  $FILES
> >
> > where:
> > LAMEOPTS="mode=1:vbr=2:q=4:aq=7"
> > BITRATE=1600
> > CROPXY="1424:1072:10:4"
> > SCALEXY="1024:560"
> > LAVC="vcodec=mpeg4:autoaspect:vmax_b_frames=1:vme=4:mbd=2:v4mv:keyint=250:trell:precmp=1:subcmp=1:cmp=1:mbcmp=1";
> > VF="pullup,pp=md,softskip,crop=$CROPXY,scale=$SCALEXY,pp=ac,hqdn3d=2:1:2"
> >
> > These are my normal params and have worked fine for a long time now.
> >
> > The input file is a HDTV recorded TP file.
> >

> What is the framerate of your source?

25fps.

I have encoded *many* videos using the exact same source (HDTV) and using the
exact same mencoder prefs and have never had these problems before.
It is somthing in the newer CVS that has caused the problems.

Thanks.