[MPlayer-dev-eng] 2pass encoding errors

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:58:42 CEST 2005

Hi

On 7/20/05, mwp at overclockers.com.au <mwp at overclockers.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Latest CVS is giving some odd 2nd pass encoding errors:
>
> a52: error at resampling
> a52: error at resampling
> a52: error at resampling
> a52: error at resampling
> a52: error at resampling

Your source may feature some odd AC3 samples. That should not be a
problem during the encoding process though.

> Too many video packets in the buffer: (10 in 9119496 bytes).
> Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
> For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
> a52: CRC check failed!
> a52: error at resampling
>
> Too many video packets in the buffer: (10 in 9119496 bytes).
> Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
> For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.

Your probably need to add some ivtc filters and adapt framerate with
the "-ofps" option.

> etc, etc.
>
> Cmd line was:
> mencoder -o video-final.avi -sws 9  -oac mp3lame -lameopts $LAMEOPTS  -ovc lavc -lavcopts $LAVC:vbitrate=$BITRATE:vpass=2:psnr  -vf $VF  $FILES
>
> where:
> LAMEOPTS="mode=1:vbr=2:q=4:aq=7"
> BITRATE=1600
> CROPXY="1424:1072:10:4"
> SCALEXY="1024:560"
> LAVC="vcodec=mpeg4:autoaspect:vmax_b_frames=1:vme=4:mbd=2:v4mv:keyint=250:trell:precmp=1:subcmp=1:cmp=1:mbcmp=1";
> VF="pullup,pp=md,softskip,crop=$CROPXY,scale=$SCALEXY,pp=ac,hqdn3d=2:1:2"
>
> These are my normal params and have worked fine for a long time now.
>
> The input file is a HDTV recorded TP file.

What is the framerate of your source?

try to add "-ofps 24000/1001", and see what happens. Otherwise, you
may have to cross out using -oac mp3lame and use -oac copy during the
encode, and remux the mp3 audio track when the video encode is done.

Regards,
Guillaume
--
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to
get its pants on.