[MPlayer-dev-eng] 2pass encoding errors

Zoltan Hidvegi mplayer at hzoli.2y.net
Wed Jul 20 19:19:19 CEST 2005

mwp at overclockers.com.au wrote:
> Sorry, i should have also mentioned that 1st pass completes with none of these
> errors.

Were you using the same -oac mp3lame in the first pass?  Did you try
the same encode with an older mencoder version (some or even almost
all other files worked with an older version does not mean this would
have worked too)?  liba52 sometimes gets into some bogus state where
it puts out gibberish noise and spits out these error at resampling
messages.  It happens very rarely.  Sometimes it can happen when
seeking in mpeg TS streams recorded from HDTV.  I've tried to fix this
before, I thought that it may be caused by the decoder getting out of
sync, but I failed, and I almost suspect that it's not liba52, but the
demuxer which feeds wrong audio stream to liba52.  It also happens
with hwac3 through SPDIF.  I think I have a sample somewhere, I can
upload it later today if someone wants to look.

Zoli