[MPlayer-dev-eng] Any plan to add libavformat mencoder -of driver?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Tue Feb 22 00:24:43 CET 2005

> no problem: I managed to remove almost all changes in mencoder.c and
> still make it work.
> These four lines are necessary, though:
>
> if(muxer->fix_stream_parameters)
>  muxer_stream_fix_parameters(mux_v);
>
> if(muxer->fix_stream_parameters)
>  muxer_stream_fix_parameters(mux_a);
>
> because otherwise there's no way to set header and trailer,
> but since they don't exist yet they can't do any harm.
>
> I'll commit in short time

committed with those two small additions.
Format specified with -lavfopts format=xx or autodetected by filename
extension.
So far it seems that only mpeg* formats work, the others seem to work but
cannot seek.
Nut always crashes.

Michael,
I commented the line that assigns  AV_PTS_NOVALUE to pkt.pts because it
seems to make a
mess: out of 120 seconds only the first three of the audio streams have
timestamps.
The other fix (priv->pb->oc) works.
Feel free to rewrite what is wrong, and thanks a lot for your help !

Muxers marathon day is over, goodnight!

        Nico