[MPlayer-dev-eng] Any plan to add libavformat mencoder -of driver?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sat Feb 19 09:51:28 CET 2005

Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:

>I've tried to add output formats by libavformat to mencoder,
>but it doesn't seams so trivial. libavcodec structs are different
>but the main problem is that libavformat wants to known the codec
>to handle it directly.
>Any idea?

I have a partially working avformat muxer, but it's very minimal.
One of the main problems is that when I play the files produced there
seem to be abysmal differences between audio and video pts.
I haven't investigated the reason, yet.

I'll post  a patch later.

P.S. I can't get any version of ffmpeg to save nut files, that I hoped
to produce.