[MPlayer-dev-eng] c++ version of mplayer.c

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Feb 10 10:28:57 CET 2005

Hey,

> (have C++ coders ever heard about Turing for example? you can do
> everything in C too, hey)

Then why not code everything in Assembly? Or do a "cat > mplayer" and
enter opcodes by hand. It's about chosing the right tool for the
job. For MPlayer, C++ isn't the right tool, but for a lot of other cases
it is (or C is at least a major inconvenience).

> I think C++ people are somewhat snobbish, at least I see everywhere
> that that want to rewrite everything in C++ which works good in C for
> ages ...

And C coders are elitist in that they think that every language other
than C sucks big time. So what else is new?

Mosu