[MPlayer-dev-eng] New Features

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:28:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 8/26/05, oliver.henning at nextiraone.de <oliver.henning at nextiraone.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> to use MPlayer as an external viewer for video processing, the following
> functions need to be available:
>
> Slave interface:
> ----------------------
>
> - get_time_pos    current position as time in 1/10th second precision
>   [get_percent_pos is not precise enough as 1% of a long movie can mean
> time resolution of 1 minute or more]
>
> - get_playing       2== paused 1 == playing   0 == not playing
>
> -fit   <width>:<height>  rescale the image to fit into the given width
> and height, preserving aspect ratio (just like manually resizing the
> MPlayer window with the mouse)
>
> -move <left>:<top>  move MPlayer window
>

> Command line options
> ---------------------------------
>
> -no_window_decoration
>
> -fit   <width>:<height>  rescale the image to fit into the given width
> and height, preserving aspect ratio (just like manually resizing the
> MPlayer window with the mouse)
>

> I offer to help with that (testing or implementation) as I really need
> them.

If I'm not mistaken, you already sent a similar mail a couple of days
ago. Please do not spam the ML with the same messages over and over,
especially since there is no patch attached. I know it's frustrating
not to get any answer, but such is life.

I support you on implementing those options/commands, and hope you
will succeed in that. I'm sure people will help you if you can ask
specific questions about specific code. In order to get some
inspiration, I think you should  search the mailing list for previous
slave command patches (use gmane.org)

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!