[MPlayer-dev-eng] New Features

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Aug 26 16:30:34 CEST 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:14:42 +0200
<oliver.henning at nextiraone.de> wrote:

> - get_time_pos    current position as time in 1/10th second precision
>   [get_percent_pos is not precise enough as 1% of a long movie can mean
> time resolution of 1 minute or more]

It's that unprecise because it's just an estimate anyways.

> - get_playing       2== paused 1 == playing   0 == not playing

That would be something.

> -fit   <width>:<height>  rescale the image to fit into the given width
> and height, preserving aspect ratio (just like manually resizing the
> MPlayer window with the mouse)

That's not easily possible with the current libvo interface.
Beside, AFAIK it is not even possible to reconfigure some
modules because of the limitations of the underlying system.

> -move <left>:<top>  move MPlayer window

Same here.

> Command line options
> ---------------------------------
>
> -no_window_decoration

Tell your WM, it's not the job of MPlayer to tell
the WM what it should do.

> -fit   <width>:<height>  rescale the image to fit into the given width
> and height, preserving aspect ratio (just like manually resizing the
> MPlayer window with the mouse)

Hmm... isn't that already possible with a compination of
some options ? Or did i patch it out already?
I remember that i used something similar once.

> I offer to help with that (testing or implementation) as I really need
> them.

Send patch.

				Attila Kinali

--