[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH to support theora-exp in mplayer

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Sat Apr 23 18:46:30 CEST 2005

> I'm not familiar with that part of the code (or much of any other,
> really), but by a quick grep for flags defined to be 3, you probably
> want VDFLAGS_DROPFRAME which is defined in libmpcodecs/vd.h. I'm not
> completely sure that's correct, but none of the other existing #defines
> seem appropriate.

Ah, last line of the file, not near the other #defines. I missed it down
there. I still don't see a constant to differentiate between normal
frame dropping and hard frame dropping, so I left the "2" in there.

I should note that the only other codec that actually uses this constant
is vd_divx4.c, and it doesn't even respect hard frame dropping. The old
vd_theora.c doesn't respect frame dropping at all. Is this sort of thing
normal?

Either way, attached is an updated version of the patch. It removes the
"flip" flag and uses VDFLAGS_DROPFRAME. It requires Jindrich Makovicka's
swscaler patch to decode correctly (and it _does_ appear to decode
correctly with that patch applied).