[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH to support theora-exp in mplayer

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Apr 23 19:57:51 CEST 2005

Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:

>> I'm not familiar with that part of the code (or much of any other,
>> really), but by a quick grep for flags defined to be 3, you
>> probably want VDFLAGS_DROPFRAME which is defined in
>> libmpcodecs/vd.h. I'm not completely sure that's correct, but none
>> of the other existing #defines seem appropriate.
>
> Ah, last line of the file, not near the other #defines. I missed it
> down there. I still don't see a constant to differentiate between
> normal frame dropping and hard frame dropping, so I left the "2" in
> there.

I don't see a "2" used here in association with "flags"; there're some
associated with "context->inf.pixel_fmt", which also has some "1"
associated with it, but that doesn't seem at a glance to have anything
to do with frame dropping. (Oddly enough, I don't see "pixel_fmt"
anywhere in current CVS... I presume it comes from Theora?)

(And if there isn't a define for such a constant, why not create one?)

We are starting to get beyond the level where I have anything remotely
resembling expertise, though.

> I should note that the only other codec that actually uses this
> constant is vd_divx4.c, and it doesn't even respect hard frame
> dropping. The old vd_theora.c doesn't respect frame dropping at all.
> Is this sort of thing normal?

I have no idea, but it's well known that much of MPlayer is ugly hacks,
so I wouldn't be terribly surprised at much of anything that crops up.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.