[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] DOCS/tech/TODO

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sun Apr 17 21:51:19 CEST 2005

Hi all.

We have this file in DOCS/tech, it looks "a bit" outdated.
Can you add your comments about what's already done, what's now
meaningless and what have to be removed because it's not a good idea?
Then we can start to add real todo items to it.

Below i included only the parts i can comment on

> TODO:
> =====
>
> Post-0.90 / CVS CLEANUP work:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
he he

> - remove -vf yuy2, yvu9
isn't the conversion is automatic now?

> [...]
> - we should switch to the patch tracker (roundup)
We have bugzilla now, but we don't use it for patches yet

> - fix & apply the delayed patches:
> [...]
Who have those patches? if they refer to 0.90 they're probaly unusable
now. Was any of them already applied?

> - fix locale problems (add common float parser / mp_sscanf())  maybe
>   use  Albeu's new filter args parser hack in all filters, remove
>   sscanf()
Locale is gone iirc, is the other part the same as beastd
suboption parser?

> - new demuxer layer - at least modularized...
I want it (the modularization, look at mplayerxp for an example of it)

> [...]
> FOR THE NEXT RELEASE:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>[...]
> FOR THE v1.00 RELEASE:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>[...]
> mpg demuxer:
> - implement mpeg-TS demuxer
We already have it

> avi demuxer: (needs rewrite)
> - fix for growing avi files (movi_end pos > stream->end_pos)
why only for avi files?

> mencoder:
> - finish mencoder -ovc vfw (bitrate setting, codec selection etc)
Anybody uses it? Is the current code still working?

>[...]
> DOCS:
>[...]
> - document missing XviD options
it's done iirc

>[...]
> FUTURE:
> ~~~~~~~
>[...]
> decoders:
> - fix DLLs: pegasusm, pegasusl, pegasusmwv, 3ivX, morgands, alaris,
> vcr1, pim1,  rricm
pegasusm: mjpeg, we have native
pegasusl: lossles jpeg, we have native
pegasusmwv: samples? (fourcc PVW2)
3ivx: we have native
morgands: (DirectShow) mjpeg, we have native, vfw works
alaris: will check
vcr1: we have native
pim1: is I-frame only mpeg1, we have native
rricm: (Matrox rainbow runner?) dmb1 is mjpeg, we have native