[MPlayer-dev-eng] Which source code line produces "Stream with high frequencies VQ coding" output?

Sun Apr 17 18:54:33 CEST 2005

Hi Bo Xie!

 On 2005.04.17 at 23:01:01 +0800, Bo Xie wrote next:

>    I got the following log, and searched mplayer source code but can
> not find which source code line produces "Stream with high frequencies
> VQ coding" output.

It's from libdts. It prints is for most (all?) dts audio tracks in dvds.
Most (all?) dts audio discs, however, don't produce this message. I have
no clue what exactly it means.

Currently libdts can produce bad output (crackles and other sounds
defects) and even crashes on certain dts streams, so you'd better pick
up different audio track for transcoding, or leave dts track as is in
target file.

Or wait till someone improves it, looks like development that halted
about a year ago might get started again...

--

Vladimir